Welcome to my World

Browse to your hearts content. I will try to make it interesting for you.

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Leo Cat


This is a picture of Leo, the cat who adopted us a few years ago. He weighs in at 15 pounds and is a great mouser. He is now 12 years old.
Leo showed up at our door in the winter of 2005. At the time, we had two cats and we weren't looking to get any more. He had a collar and a tag so we got hold of his owner. The owner came and got him. The next day, Leo was back and the next and the next and so on. He would run across a very busy road to get to our house. We found out later that he didn't like to live with the dozen other cats and dogs that were at his home. The dogs chased him and there was too much competition for food. Attention was lacking as well.
Leo was very insistant on us adopting him. He brought us many little dead critters and left them on our porch. One day it would be a mouse and the next a bird. He would follow me everywhere. If I neglected to notice him, he would grab my leg. It was as if he was saying, "I need you to want me. Let me live with you. You won't regret it I promise you."
About a month after Leo showed up, our old female cat died. When Leo's owner asked us if we wanted him, we said yes. They were moving far away and didn't want to worry about Leo running away again. Leo seemed to get along with our remaining cat Guy, an american shorthair. We thought if Guy likes him, we may as well take him in. They became the best of friends.
Leo was as good as his Meow Promise. He is the best cat I have ever had. He comes when he is called and is very affectionate. He is still with us though Guy has passed on. We have since adopted a sweet little black female who is 14. That is another story for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment