Welcome to my World

Browse to your hearts content. I will try to make it interesting for you.

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I love to make mosaic vases


This is one of my favorite mosaic vases. It is also my first one.

I learned a lot making a mosaic piece of art. As I am used to making stained glass suncatchers, boxes and candle holders, panels and gold plated angel ornaments this didn't prove to be very difficult for me.

Mosaic isn't just about using stained glass. You can use almost anything you have around the house. I have seen mosaics using coins and keys, rocks and jewelry. It is pretty much up to you.

Look around. Maybe go through the junk drawer. We all seem to have one of those.

People of all ages can make mosaic though stained glass is a little more complicated. I tell the clients who want me to teach their sons or daughters stained glass that they have to be at least 12 years old and responsible. After your first or second stained glass project, you will probably be hooked.

I know whenever I go to a stained glass store to buy supplies, I'm like a kid in a candy store. Everything looks fantastic. There are so many kinds and colors of glass. Lots of pattern books and even walls of finished pieces to make you want to make your own creation to show to your friends.

If you want to try to make stained glass or mosaic items, I'm here to help you with any questions you might want answers to.

I have been making stained glass creations for over 25 years. I've had my own business for most of those years.

No comments:

Post a Comment