Welcome to my World

Browse to your hearts content. I will try to make it interesting for you.

Thursday, November 5, 2009

During the spring of this year my husband and I went down to the river to collect unusual pieces of driftwood so I could make some spiders webs that were more natural looking than the ones I have been making. We found many excellent twigs and boughs. We even found some wonderful roots that are so expressive. I love these the best.

The photo at the left is one of the more unusual pieces. It was so obvious to me what kind of web I would make.

I built the web and attached a small green spider. I had made the larger spider earlier out of glass gems I had on hand. When I placed him next to the driftwood, I knew that was where he was meant to be. I had to have a reason for him being there. I decided to put a tiny centipede on the driftwood near the web.

When you see the completed art, you would see that the two spiders are trying to get to the centipede to claim it. I was happy with this and hope someone who sees it will agree with me and purchase it.

If you have any ideas for a web or spider, I would like to hear from you. If you have any questions, I would like to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment