Welcome to my World

Browse to your hearts content. I will try to make it interesting for you.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Are Rabbits Devouring All Your Spring Flowers





Really! Are rabbits devouring you lovely spring flowers? Maybe. Probably some of them.

In my case, I have yet to see the lovely crocus that usually come up every year. They are planted around a small dogwood tree in our front yard.

You know, I was so excited to see the first signs of green coming up. I was thinking...'won't be long now and I will see my pretty little bunches of crocus.'

In the mean time, I saw a pair of rabbits in our yard eating the grass. "Aw! Look at the cute little rabbits" I would say whenever I saw them. Pretty soon there will be a bunch of little bunnies running around the yard. They are so adorable. Now, how could I ever get upset with such cute little furry creatures?

Well, I'll tell you...I am sure you can picture the lovely crocus of white, purple and yellow. Now, can you picture only the green stems sticking up out of the ground? It looks like the crocus got a crew cut. I never got to see one color let alone three colors of crocus this year. I certainly don't mind watching the rabbit eating all the dandelions in our yard but I have to draw the line at the flowers.

Honestly, can I remain mad at the rabbits for eating my precious flower arrangement? No! Worse things will happen during the Spring and Summer to upset us I'm sure. All living things have to eat after all.

It could have been a pair of giant rabbits the size of St Bernhard's munching in our yard. What would I have done then???

No comments:

Post a Comment